Turkish Exporters Assembly (TIM) 24th Regular General Assembly and Champions of Exports Award Ceremony was held by the participation of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and ministers. Speaking during the General Assembly TİM President Mehmet Büyükekşi, thanked President Erdoğan for always standing by Exporters. Stating that all the ministers are supporting them all the time notably the Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım and then Minister of Economics Nihat Zeybekci, TİM's President Mehmet Büyükekşi said, addressing President Erdoğan: we are appreciating the provided support. However, our expectations are not finished. If they were, it means do not make any progress. Büyükekşi explained the expextations of Exporters with 10 points:
Additional Prices and VAT charges at the Customs
Büyükekşi:” Exporters are paying additional prices for any transactions they made at the Customs out of working hours. We believe that this implementation should be eliminated. VAT charges are leading exporters to financing problems. We are working together with our minister of finance on this issue.” Thanking separately to Minister of Finance Naci Ağbal who supported TIM for every problem, Büyükekşi stated that TİM will present their suggestions on VAT system on July.
Updating of Customs Union and Empowering of Relations with European Union
Explaining that they are urgently waiting for the upgrading of Customs Union treaty Büyükekşi declared, Exporters wants Turkey to strengthen its relations with European Union, to where our 70% of exports are headed.
Production Reform Package and Demand for Single Digit Interests
Reminding the words of Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım saying: “elections are done, now is the time for subsistence.” Büyükekşi highlighted the start for economic reforms and said: “we are urgently waiting for legalization of Production Reform Packega, which closely related to industrialists. Credit interests are increasing recently. As the Prime Minister has stated last week, 15-16% interest rates are really heavy burdens for our exporters and industrialists. We desire interest rates to be Digits.
Implementation of Regulations on Investment Environment and Importance of Vocational Education
Many Regulations have been agreed upon for Investment Environments and and are being waited for to be implemented right now. Büyükekşi stated that; the weakest rings of the great transformation of Turkey are Education and Culture as President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan Stated earlier. Büyükekşi said: “we are demanding our government to specially concern with these areas and furthermore the attention is expected to be given on vocational education and training qualified employees.
Industry 4.0 Revolution and Regulations on Flexible Working and Seniority Indemnity
Büyükekşi stated the last two points as:” We believe that we should not fall behind while the World is experiencing Industry 4.0 Revolution. Regulations on Flexible working and Seniority indemnity are quite a big opportunity, which are still being working on. These works will move us one step further in global competition by decreasing unemployment. We are urgently waiting for the regulations to be implemented.
Future is Brighter
Büyükekşi:” We want to thank you and our Government in advance for your support. We believe that with the implementations of our expectations, our way will be clearer and our future will be brighter.
Large Turnout by Ministers
24. Regular General Assembly and Champions of Exporters Award Ceremony of Turkish Exporters Assembly attract great deal of attention by the bureaucracy. Along with the President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Deputy Prime Minister Mehmet Şimşek, Deputy Prime Minister Nurettin Canikli, Minister of Economics Nihat Zeybekçi, Minister of Finance Naci Ağbal, Minister of Customs and Trade Bülent Tüfenkçi, and Minister of Family and Social Policies Fatma Betül Sayan Kaya has participated in the organization.
Leaders of Export got Their Awards
President Erdoğan has given the awards of top-10 Exporter Companies in 2016. Sectorial export leaders of 2016 has got their awards from the Ministers attending to the Ceremony.
TOP-10 EXPORTERS AND THE MOST PROGGRESSING COMPANY “SPECIAL AWARD”
Top-10 Exporter Company and the Most progressing Company of 2016 has been given awards by President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
- FORD MOTOR COMPANY
- OYAK-RENAULT CAR FACTORIES
- KİBAR FOREIGN TRADE
- TURKISH PETROLEUM REFINERIES (TÜPRAŞ)
- TGS FOREIGN TRADE
THE MOST PROGGRESSING COMPANY “SPECIAL AWARD” : TOSÇELİK
- STEEL EXPORTS: HABAŞ
- CEMENT, GLASS, CERAMICS AND SOIL PRODUCTS EXPORTS: ŞİŞECAM
- FERREOUS AND NON-FERREOUS METALS EXPORTS: KİBAR FOREIGN TRADE
- LEATHER AND LEATHER PRODUCTS EXPORTERS: TGS FOREIGN TRADE
- ELEKTRIC-ELECTRONIC AND SERVICE EXPORTS: VESTEL
- HAZELNUT AND HAZELNUT PRODUCTS EXPORTS: FERRERO
- SHIP AND YATCH EXPORTS: TERSAN SHIPYARD
- CARPET EXPORTS: ERDEMOĞLU FOREIGN TRADE
- APPAREL EXPORTS: TGS FOREIGN TRADE
- CEREALS PULSES OIL SEEDS AND PRODUCTS EXPORTS: ISTANBUL GIDA FOREIGN TRADE
- HVAC-R INDUSTRY EXPORTS: BOSCH TERMOTECHNOLOGY
- CHEMICAL AND CHEMICAL PRODUCTS EXPORTS: TÜPRAŞ
- DRIED FOOD AND PRODUCTS EXPORTS: AYDIN DRIED FOOD INDUSTRY
- MINING PRODUCTS EXPORTS: ETI MINE WORKS
- MACHINERIES AND ACCESSORIES EXPORTERS: TÜRK TRACTOR AND ZIRAAT MACHINERIES
- FRUIT AND VEGATABLES EXPORTS: ALTUNKAYA LOGISTICS
- FURNITURE, PAPER AND FORESTRY PRODUCTS EXPORTS*
- JEWELLERY EXPORTS: ISTANBUL ALTINONS JEWELLERY
- AUTOMOTIVE EXPORTS: FORD MOTOR COMPANY
- DEFENCE AND AVIATION INDUSTRY EXPORTS: TUSAŞ TURKISH DEFENCE AND AVIATION INC.
- FISHERY AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS EXPORTS: KLC FOOD PRODUCTS
- ORNAMENTAL PLANTS AND PRODUCTS EXPORTS: NATA TURIZM AND TRANSPORTATION INC.
- TEXTILE AND RAW MATERIALS EXPORTS: AK-PA TEXTILE INC.
- TOBACCO EXPORTS: PHILSA PHILIP MORRIS SABANCI
- FRESH FRUIT AND VEGATABLE EXPORTS*
- OLIVE AND OLIVE OIL EXPORTS: MARMARABİRLİK
**The firms do not want their names to be announced