The Turkish Exporters Assembly (TIM) announced the results of the “Turkish Export Products Perception and Image Research” conducted in 26 countries. President of TİM Mehmet Büyükekşi who said that the ratio of satisfaction with Turkish export products is 62 percent, also stated that "the countries with highest satisfaction rate are Britain with 85 percent, France with 77 percent and India with 74 percent and this rate is 59 percent across the EU which has almost half of our exports". Büyükekşi continued his speech: “Turkey's country image was also asked. The percentage of those who find Turkey's image positive is 60 percent. The awareness rate of Turkey: Discover the Potential brand is 41%".
Büyükekşi evaluated the research results and said that: "The image of our export products is often perceived positively in international markets. As we say on every platform to move this perception up further, we must invest more in research-development, innovation, branding and design.
Our products are also strong in markets where our country's image is strong. We must never allow our country image to deteriorate. A mistake one of our company will make in any market can cause the market become a bazaar which is hard to enter and hold on for all our other exporter”
The Turkish Exporters Assembly (TIM) announced the results of a Turkish Export Products Perception and Image Research conducted by face to face interviews with the purchasing manager of 2,520 firms in 6 major sector groups in 26 countries. Beside Turkish Export Products Perception and Image Research, Turkey's General Perception and Turkey Discover the Potential Campaign's Awareness and Perception of Activity were also examined at three main axes research. The research which started in October 2016 was carried out with Kantar TNS firm.
President of TIM Mehmet Büyükekşi gave a speech at the press conference which the research results was announced. Büyükekşi said about the Turkish Export Products Perception and Image Research section: "62 percent of research participants said they were especially satisfied with Turkish export products. The countries with the highest satisfaction rate are England with 85 percent, France with 77 percent and India with 74 percent. This rate is 59 percent across the EU which has almost half of our exports.”
“Netherlands, Poland and Germany are pulling down EU ratio” said Büyükekşi and continued “our exporters have to pay special attention to these countries exporters. Germany is always in the first place in our exports. However, we see that the rate of satisfaction is below average. If we can determine the reason of dissatisfaction of our importers, we will be able to make up a shortage importer in Germany.
We are going to reach 85 percent satisfaction level
Büyükekşi stated: “Turkish Export Products satisfaction level of sectors was also investigated. Electric-Machinery sector has the highest level of satisfaction with 65 percent in the 6 main sector groups. However, the level of satisfaction is close to each other and fairly high in all sectors. It varies between 61 and 65 percent. Nevertheless, we set much higher goals to ourselves. We say we are going to reach 85 percent satisfaction level.”
Preference ratio of Turkish export products is 55 percent
Büyükekşi said: "The result of surveying the preference rates of Turkish export products is generally in 55 percent. The rate of companies that do not prefer Turkish export products, but stated that they will prefer if appropriate conditions occur, is 37 percent.
So companies representing 37 percent are our potential buyers. What we need to do is to provide appropriate conditions by developing industry-centered consumer-focused solution processes. When we evaluate this potential, we are going to reach 92 percent. "
Büyükekşi told that the preference rate in the across EU is slightly lower with the level of 52 percent. “However, when we look at the share we receive from imports of the EU, we see a different picture. While we had a 1.2 percent share in 2015, we increased our share to 1.28 percent in 2016. So the EU prefers more our products every year"
Countries with the highest country image: Spain, Germany and India
Büyükekşi mentioned that according to research's Turkey's General Perception part 60 percent of participants find Turkey's image positive. “When we look at the country breakdown of our image, we see that it is high in Spain, Germany and India. It is above with the 65 percent than general average of 60 percent in across the EU. 2 sector groups with the highest general Turkey image in terms of sectors are Chemical Materials and Textiles, Carpets, Leather with 63% percent.”
Büyükekşi pointed out the brand awareness ratio has increased to 41 percent, and expressed they investigated the awareness of Turkey brand, levels of liking and thoughts reflection on the last part on Turkey: Discover the potential Campaign Awareness and Perception of Activity.”
Our perception is positive, we have to invest to move higher
Büyükekşi who evaluated the results said that: "The image of our export products is generally perceived positively in international markets. As we say on every platform, in order to move this perception up further we must invest more in research-development, innovation, branding and design. Our products are also strong in markets where our country's image is strong. We must never allow our country image to deteriorate. A mistake one of our company will make in any market can cause the market become a bazaar which is hard to enter and hold on for all our other exporters. "
Important Findings Turkish Export Products Perception and Image Research
* The outstanding criteria throughout all countries and sectors are Reasonable Price, Quality and Reliance in commercial activities paid attention. It is seen that criteria about Compliance with International Standards in France and Italy, Advantage of Exchange Rate in Canada and England are also evaluated as highly important.
* In the evaluations of Turkish export products of Canada and Saudi Arabia, It is seen that their perception is under the average according to commercial activity criteria participation analysis.
* The prominent information sources related Turkish export products are sectoral publications, internet and internal research departments. Consultancy firms specific to USA, public institutions in Turkey for Netherlands and Germany, sectoral fairs specific to Iran and China have high usage rates as information sources.
* The percentage of those who indicate that they will/would prefer Turkish export products is generally above 90% and higher than this ratio. It is seen that the countries with the highest percentage of those who stated that they would definitely prefer (as first choice) Turkish export products are Egypt, Azerbaijan, Italy and Turkmenistan.
* The general awareness level of the Logo / Slogan is 41%. It is observed that the sector with the lowest rate is the Food sector with 35%.
* The countries which Logo / Slogan awareness level is lowest are Australia, South Africa and Belgium.
* Turkish export products stand out as channels which the Logo/Slogan are seen and heard most intensely. Newspapers and emails of individuals who work with follow these channels.
* The liking level of Logo / Slogan is generally 43% and this ratio is similar among the sector groups. It is seen that the countries with the highest liking level for Logo / Slogan are Algeria, France and Italy.
* Having a strong and stable economy and highly qualified human resources are the primary outstanding image perception criteria for Turkey. The other criteria follow these criteria with a slight difference.
* Especially Germany, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan are the countries in which Turkey stands out as strong and stable economy. Particularly in Canada, it is seen that Turkey is prominent as a country where people are interested in touristic, cultural and historical features as well as commercial cooperation.
* The level of those who find Turkey's image generally positive is around 60%. The countries stand out with the highest rates are Germany, Italy, Spain, France, India and Turkmenistan, while the countries with the lowest rates are Canada and England.
* The ratio of those who stated that they visit Turkey for various reasons is generally around 64% level. It is clearly observed that the countries with the highest rates are Italy and France, while the countries with the lowest rates are USA, Canada, Australia and South Africa.
26 countries conducted research
United States, Germany, Australia, Azerbaijan, United Arab Emirates, Belgium, Brazil, Algeria, China, France, South Africa, India, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Iran, Spain, Israel, Italy, Japan, Canada, Egypt, Poland, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan.Published on Thursday, July 20, 2017